Under the direction of the Engineering Manager, the Sales Engineer provides support, customer interaction and problem solving in order to satisfy the demands of internal operations and external customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve customers by identifying needs and engineering adaptations of products to fit those needs
- Review and interpret customer specifications and sales agreements
- Prepare accurate cost estimates
- Program and maintain design layouts in Solidworks Software
- Visit strategic customer locations to review their operations and how they interact with our products or how our products can solve a need typically once per month
- Provide technical support for products and equipment
- Develop working relationships with fabrication, welding, and assembly departments to address and resolve problems and to develop better cooperation for working together toward producing the highest quality products at the lowest possible cost
- Ability to read and interpret AutoCAD 2D drawings
- Utilize computer aided design techniques to perform applicable design work
- Creating Computer Aided Machining ProgramsCAM
- Make required calculations to determine and establish acceptable standards of performance, material selection, type of construction, etc...
- Create drawings that are viable for the production team to follow
- Do all necessary investigations pertinent to the design and maintain reference criterion incidental to designing
- Analyze project as to manufacturing and material costs and develop designs that can be produced economically to maintain or improve the company's competitive position.
- Act as technical resource for product field support of customers, service personnel, and field sales, assisting in addressing and resolving questions and problems
- Participate on cross functional teams to address and resolve manufacturing, design and quality problems, and ensure the continuous, on-going improvement of processes and methods
- Keep informed of new parts or methods to improve products or product designs, and stay current in new developments in the industry
- Assist in creating Engineering Change Orders
- Responsible for project completion on time, within budget, and fully meeting customer requirements
- Be familiar with different safety certification organizations such as UL, ETL, and NSF
- Other duties as assigned
Must be able to interact with customers and key decision makers to understand industry requirements in our customer's industries. Must be able to articulate ideas and concerns to various disciplines.
Must possess leadership competencies to exhibit confidence in self and others, can inspire and motivate others to perform well, and influences actions and opinions of others.
30% travel, attendance at trade shows and customer site meetings
Education and/or Experience
Requires a Bachelor's degree in engineering and a minimum of 3-5 years stainless and sheet metal fabrication experience is needed. Some background in other material fabrication is desirable. Proficient in SolidWorks 3D and be familiar with AutoCad software. Proficient in Microsoft Office products to perform daily tasks.