Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Engineering Intern provides the best possible support by assisting with all aspects of engineering and helping to ensure that the department runs smoothly.
We value education and want to invite current students to work with us as they work towards their educational goals. Our main objective is to give students experience and real world issues organizations face each day. We believe in working with our interns on a work schedule that allows them to focus on school and homework. We also believe in paying our interns competitive wages. This position will allow the team member to gain insight to the workings of a business and the manufacturing process. This internship will expose the team member to all levels in the organization to assist in building a resume that will allow the team member to become competitive in the job market.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist Design Engineers with their design & product requests
- Ability to use Solidworks to complete design projects
- Assist and lead drawing releases to the manufacturing team
- Strong in math skills to assist in quoting
- Research and present findings to solve issues in orders, logistics or other areas needing attention
- Assist where needed by the department or other areas
- Create work orders
This position requires strong attention to detail, strong organizational and math skills, impeccable follow through and strong computer skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Must have good oral and written communications skills to communicate effectively to all levels of management and co-workers.
This position requires a minimum of a high school diploma. Working towards a 2 or 4 year degree is required to participate in the intern program.