Reporting to the Director of HR, the HR Intern provides the best possible support by assisting with all aspects of Human Resources and helping to ensure that the department runs smoothly.
We value education and want to invite current students to work with us as they work towards their educational goals. Our main objective is to give students experience and real world issues organizations face each day. We believe in working with our interns on a work schedule that allows them to focus on school and homework. We also believe in paying our interns competitive wages. This position will allow our interns to gain insight to the workings of a business and the manufacturing process. This internship will expose the team member to all levels in the organization to assist in building a resume that will allow them to become competitive in the job market.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Organized and strive for order with data and files
- Ability to use HRIS or learn HRIS system for exposure to HR processing and payroll related functions
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Outlook and Excel
- Learn how to conduct interviews and interviewing techniques
- Assist with event coordination to promote the culture
- Learn and experience what HR Departments do
- Assist with regulatory compliance programs
- Assist where needed by the department
- Learn web based software for recruiting purposes
- Project work to take physical files and convert to digital
- Research and present findings to solve HR issues
- Have fun and learn!
This position requires strong attention to detail, ability to communicate to all levels within the organization, strong organizational and computer skills in MS Word, Excel.
This position requires a minimum of a high school diploma. Working towards a 2 or 4 year degree is required to participate in the intern program.